Things I learned about myself
- Trying to relax makes me anxious
- I knew something had changed after I lost my brother, now I think it’s that I lost the little bit of faith I had.
Skills that came in handy
- Altering clothes by hand (as a kid, my first alteration looked like a Frankenstein scar, than my great grandmother showed me the proper way to do it)
- Hand washing clothes (It’s crazy how, after only one day, the clothes get sooo dirty. The water was brown with dust. I had never realized.)
Things of interest that happened while I was in the country
- Eruption of a volcano in the neighboring island of Java (where I was supposed to go at first).
- Preparations for elections in April.
Main issues I noticed
- Organized begging rings
- Commercialization of temples
- Lack of garbage management
- Chaotic and sometimes dangerous driving conditions